Photo Credit: Blake Bronstad
the santa barbara effect campaign
Visit Santa Barbara’s new brand campaign launched mid-March across digital, print and social platforms. The “Santa Barbara Effect” campaign is designed to position the Santa Barbara South Coast as quintessential California and is emotionally compelling with an approachable and authentic voice. The campaign focuses on full-color photography, video and content pieces and will gradually roll out across a variety of channels and mediums between now and June. Imagery and messaging capture five “passion pillars” including food and libations, outdoor and recreation, arts and culture, lifestyle and wellness, and luxury. These pillars and the unique depth and breadth of the Santa Barbara South Coast can be seen in two new “Santa Barbara Effect” brand videos.
SALES AND TRAVEL TRADE FAM TOURS
Visit Santa Barbara’s Sales Department made efforts to attract and educate clients in top domestic and international markets for the Santa Barbara South Coast by hosting various FAM tours to showcase the diversity of experiences and hotel product in the region:
- ConferenceDirect was founded in 1998 and has become one of the largest and most respected meeting and event management firms in the world. A select group of ConferenceDirect associates were hosted for site visits, which included stopovers at several South Coast hotel properties.
- Visit Santa Barbara, along with South Coast hotel partners, attended Meeting Professionals International’s (MPI) Weekend Conference (WeCon). MPI is the largest meeting planner and event planner industry association worldwide. Santa Barbara will host this conference in 2020.
- On the Travel Trade side, VSB recently hosted four different international familiarization trips to Santa Barbara including:
- A group FAM with five senior level executives from luxury travel companies covering four different countries in partnership with Visit California and Connections (a global networking and event organizer exclusively for senior executives and experts in specific sectors such as Luxury, Wellness, Adventure and Meetings as well as destination led events)
- A group FAM for 10 product managers and travel agents from top tour operators in Italy
- A group FAM for five product managers from top tour operators in the U.K. in partnership with Black Diamond
- A FAM for 10 sales agents from Virgin Holidays
NEW 2019 Santa Barbara VISITORS MAGAZINE
Visit Santa Barbara published the 2019 Santa Barbara Visitors Magazine this spring. It features stunning photography, with tips on unique experiences and coverage of the latest openings. From hotels and chef-driven restaurants to neighborhoods and boutiques, to the lowdown on the region’s world-class wine, arts and cultural scenes, the magazine captures everything needed to curate the perfect South Coast getaway. Magazines are available through online and phone requests, at California Welcome Centers, West Coast airports and South Coast-area hospitality businesses, among other outlets. To request a magazine, click here or call (805) 966-9222.
VOTE IN CONDÉ NAST TRAVELER READER’S CHOICE AWARDS
Voting is open for the 2019 Condé Nast Traveler Reader’s Choice Awards. Please invite your colleagues, friends and guests to participate before voting ends on June 30. Rally your community to vote for Santa Barbara as a city you love under the “Cities” category, and vote “Resorts & Hotels” for Santa Barbara South Coast businesses. Let’s help our region win world-class recognition! To access the survey, please use the following link: https://www.cntraveler.com/rca/vote