CONTACT: Jaime Shaw, Communications Manager
Visit Santa Barbara
805.966.9222 x107, [email protected]
FILM FEAST 2015 RETURNS WITH TWELVE DAYS OF VIP EXPERIENCES
Fifth annual Film Feast event will be hosted alongside the
30th anniversary of the Santa Barbara International Film Festival
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (January 16, 2015) – The fifth annual Film Feast returns from Jan. 27 to Feb. 7, offering twelve straight days of VIP access to the top libations and dining offerings as well as exclusive lodging packages throughout Santa Barbara’s theater districts. Coinciding with the 30th anniversary of the Santa Barbara International Film Festival (SBIFF), Santa Barbara’s Film Feast is a unique take on Restaurant Week and part of California’s Restaurant Month.
Special menus and hotel packages will celebrate the theme “30 Years of Filmmaking,” with offers available at participating restaurants, wine tasting rooms and hotels throughout Santa Barbara. Visitors and locals alike will enjoy themed offerings inspired by the blockbuster films and indie favorites of the past 30 years. And don’t forget to share your red carpet experience on Twitter or Instagram using #SBFilmFeast for the chance to win a Santa Barbara getaway and other great prizes!
Rediscover your favorite films with cinema-inspired menus and tasting flights at Santa Barbara’s top restaurants, tasting rooms and lounges, with highlights including:
- Belcampo Meat Company will run a special meatball sandwich during Film Feast, inspired by 2009 comedy Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Mention the film for a 30 percent discount on your sandwich!
- C’est Cheese Santa Barbara introduces guests to 2005 British-American animated film Wallace + Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, with a menu featuring Wallace’s favorite cheeses.
- Ty Lounge at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara will be debuting three specialty cocktails inspired by this year’s festival honorees. Imbibe with a Birdman Martini, an Outstanding Carell Collins or a Cousteau Margarita.
- Olio Crudo Bar and Olio e Limone Ristorante bring you the flavors and filmmaking of Italy, with exclusive prix fixe menus celebrating 30 years of Italian cinema. See what’s on the menu at SBFilmFeast.com. Buon appetito!
Film Feast is an invitation to Santa Barbara’s best plates and pours! For more details, check out the complete list of offers at www.SBFilmFeast.com.
Get star treatment and linger longer with cinema-centric lodging specials at several exclusive Santa Barbara properties. Offerings include:
- Get red carpet ready at one of the largest and most luxurious spas on the West Coast, with a VIP experience at Bacara Resort & Spa featuring accommodations, two spa services, and access to amenities including a Redwood sauna, zero-edge saline pool and rooftop terrace.
- Enjoy your stay with an ocean-view king room at Hotel Milo and receive a VIP welcome amenity with a bottle of wine – along with Four Mini Pak Access to the film festival. Enjoy the show!
- Lights, Camera, Libations! Stay overnight at The Goodland, A Kimpton Hotel, and enjoy a tasting flight of three classic film inspired cocktails at The Good Bar.
- Celebrate “Date Night” at the Best Western Plus South Coast Inn. In honor of Steve Carrell’s Outstanding Performer of the Year Award, enjoy a restaurant gift card and local bottle of wine to enjoy with a loved one.
- In honor of the Santa Barbara Film Festival’s 30th Anniversary, stay at any one of the five Santa Barbara Hotel Group properties and save 30%.
Special offers are also available at properties including Belmond El Encanto, Cheshire Cat Inn, Hotel Indigo, Hotel Santa Barbara, Ramada Santa Barbara, Secret Garden Inn & Cottages, and Spanish Garden Inn.
SHARE YOUR RED CARPET EXPERIENCE… AND WIN!
Locate Your Golden “Co-Star” and win a Santa Barbara getaway and other great prizes during Film Feast 2015! From Jan. 27 to Feb. 7, participating locations will provide Film Feast guests with a coaster, or “co-star.” Simply take a photo with your co-star accompanying your Film Feast menu item, libation, or hotel package, include the hashtag #SBFilmFeast, and upload to Twitter or Instagram as your contest entry.
Look to Charlie & The Chocolate Factory for inspiration in the search for your golden ticket – entries with the gold coaster will be entered to win the Grand Prize, featuring a hotel stay and dining and wine tasting experiences in The American Riviera®!
One entry will be counted per user, per Film Feast offering. Additional entries can be made as additional offers are purchased. Winners will be selected at random and notified at the close of the contest. Visit SBFilmFeast.com for more information, along with live updates and the inside scoop on Santa Barbara’s best cuisine and libations.
Santa Barbara’s Film Feast 2015 is presented as part of California Restaurant Month, held each January to showcase the destination’s unforgettable dining experiences. Learn more at DineinCA.com.
Santa Barbara’s century-long career as a movie backdrop and getaway for top Hollywood talent started during the silent era — Santa Barbara was California’s original filmmaking hub. Whether scouting sites dating back to Cecil B. DeMille’s The Ten Commandments (1923), sipping pinot noir on the Sideways (2004) wine trail or watching cutting-edge cinema in historic theatres during the Film Festival, visitors will discover that Santa Barbara looks as good in real life as she does on the big screen. Visit Santa Barbara offers a comprehensive film tourism microsite as well as a Sideways movie tour map. Film Feast is presented by Visit Santa Barbara and Downtown Santa Barbara. SBFilmFeast.com
ABOUT SANTA BARBARA
Featured on the cover of Travel + Leisure in May 2013 and voted Best Getaway by L.A. Times Readers’ Choice Awards in 2012, Santa Barbara is located just 92 miles north of Los Angeles and 332 miles south of San Francisco, on the Pacific coastline. Visitors can arrive via scenic Highway 101, train, bus or by flying into Santa Barbara Municipal Airport or Los Angeles International Airport. For travel and accommodation information and to request a free copy of the official Santa Barbara Visitors Magazine, contact Visit Santa Barbara at 800.676.1266, 805.966.9222, [email protected] or SantaBarbaraCA.com. Visitor information is also available at the Visitor Center, 1 Garden Street (at Cabrillo Boulevard).
Stay informed about Santa Barbara news with our Media Center, press releases and blog, TheSBPost.com. Just getting to know Santa Barbara? The Media Field Guide is a great place to start. Planning a research visit? Use the Press Trip Request form to get the process started. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for daily updates, and visit our Mobile Site for on-the-go information about dining, wine, accommodations, events, attractions and more.