To provide members with consistent and updated information during this difficult time, Visit Santa Barbara has put together the following COVID-19 resources. For any further questions or assistance, please contact [email protected].
- Travel Advisory: Provide your guests with the latest information on travel to the Santa Barbara South Coast.
- How to Be a Healthy Traveler: Provide guests with tips for a safe and responsible return to The American Riviera®.
- Santa Barbara Inspired Zoom Backgrounds: Upgrade your work from home routine with these inspiring Zoom virtual backgrounds.
- Social Distance-Friendly Activities: A list of ways to keep you entertained from the comfort and safety of your own home, Santa Barbara style.
- Virtual Tours of Santa Barbara: Five digital escapes to transport you virtually around The American Riviera®.
Update Your Digital Presence
- To update your member microsite on SantaBarbaraCA.com with current hours of operations, new reopening plans, health and safety standards, and more, please click here.
- For instructions on how to submit virtual and in-person events to SantaBarbaraCA.com’s online Calendar of Events, please click here.
- For instructions on how to submit Special Offers to be displayed on SantaBarbaraCA.com, please click here.
- Outside of SantaBarbaraCA.com, don’t forget to update your Google My Business listing. For best practices, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Social, PR and Group Sales Toolkits
- Social Media: Best Practices
- PR: Recommendations for Working with Journalists
- Group Sales: Santa Barbara’s Value Proposition
ADDITIONAL INFO AND RESOURCES
- Santa Barbara County Public Health Department’s regularly updated COVID-19 page
- Visit California’s Social Media Toolkit
- American Hotel & Lodging Association’s Coronavirus Resource Page
- State of the Tourism Industry presentation to UCSB Economic Panel
- Resources for Employers During Covid-19 Situation
- Destination Analysts Sentiment Reporting
- Wave 1 – Week of March 16, 2020
- Wave 2 – Week of March 23, 2020
- Wave 3 – Week of March 30, 2020
- Wave 4 – Week of April 6, 2020
- Wave 5 – Week of April 13, 2020
- Wave 6 – Week of April 20, 2020
- Wave 7 – Week of April 27, 2020
- Wave 8 – Week of May 4, 2020
- Wave 9 – Week of May 11, 2020
- Wave 10 – Week of May 18, 2020
- Wave 11 – Week of May 25, 2020
- Wave 12 – Week of June 1, 2020
- Wave 13 – Week of June 8, 2020
- Wave 14 – Week of June 15, 2020
- Wave 15 – Week of June 22, 2020
- Wave 16 – Week of June 29, 2020
- Wave 17 – Week of July 6, 2020
- Wave 18 – Week of July 13, 2020
- Wave 19 – Week of July 20, 2020
- Wave 20 – Week of July 27, 2020
- Wave 21 – Week of August 3, 2020
- Wave 22 – Week of August 10, 2020
VISIT SANTA BARBARA EMAIL UPDATES
- Weekly Update #1 – March 4, 2020
- Weekly Update #2 – March 11, 2020
- Weekly Update #3 – March 12, 2020
- Weekly Update #4 – March 18, 2020
- Weekly Update #5 – March 25, 2020
- Weekly Update #6 – April 1, 2020
- Weekly Update #7 – April 8, 2020
- Weekly Update #8 – April 15, 2020
- Weekly Update #9 – April 22, 2020
- Weekly Update #10 – April 30, 2020
- Weekly Update #11 – May 6, 2020
- Weekly Update #12 – May 13, 2020
- Weekly Update #13 – May 21, 2020
- Weekly Update #14 – June 5, 2020
- Weekly Update #15 – June 19, 2020
- Weekly Update #16 – June 26, 2020
- Weekly Update #17 – July 2, 2020
- Weekly Update #18 – July 10, 2020
- Weekly Update #19 – July 15, 2020
- Weekly Update #20 – July 24, 2020
- Weekly Update #21 – July 31, 2020
- Weekly Update #22 – August 7, 2020
- Weekly Update #23 – August 12, 2020
CARES ACT RESOURCES
Below are trusted resources with important details about loans and grants that may be available to your tourism business:
U.S. Travel: https://www.ustravel.org/toolkit/covid-19-cares-act-relief-resources
Google My Business Essentials During COVID-19 Webinar
An informative webinar highlighting best practices and free resources available through Google My Business. Click Here
Travel Sentiment and the Santa Barbara Community Webinar
Presented by Destination Analysts, Inc., gain a deeper understanding of travelers’ current feelings regarding COVID-19 and economic concerns. This webinar will offer insights into when businesses may expect demand to return. Click Here
STR COVID-19: Hotel Industry Impact Webinars
Link to library of recorded webinars from STR
Using Social Media to Understand the Mindset of the Crisis Consumer by Visit Santa Barbara and Sparkloft Media
An informative webinar highlighting social media sentiment toward COVID-19, best practices for using social media to stay relevant, keep audiences engaged, and most importantly, how to begin preparing now for the next phase of this crisis.
Click here for the webinar and presentation.
Guidance for Re-Opening Your Hotel in a Post COVID-19 World, by CHLA
Join the California Hotel & Lodging Association (CHLA) and Visit Santa Barbara as we provide hotel owners and operators guidance on re-opening your property and what the “new normal’ might look like for the hotel industry.
Click here for the webinar.
Visit California Stakeholder Update (May 19, 2020)
Join us for a timely update from Visit California’s President & CEO, Caroline Beteta, as she discusses the organization’s plan for recovery marketing.
Click here for the webinar. Access Password: 2r%86p=*
Business Liability, Best Practices, Safe & Smart Santa Barbara County Webinar
A webinar workshop on business liability during COVID-19, learn about the measures that businesses are undertaking to ensure a Safe & SmartSanta Barbara reopening. Trevor Large of Fauver Large Archbald & Spray LLP took businesses through some step-by-step protocols to assist with navigating customer interactions in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
-Trevor Large, Partner at Fauver Large Archbald & Spray LLP.
-Nancy Anderson, Assistant County Executive Officer of the County of Santa Barbara
-Kathy Janega-Dykes, President/CEO of Visit Santa Barbara
Click here for the webinar.