Visit Santa Barbara #ChromaSB Contest Rules
Enter to win a 5-Day Getaway through Santa Barbara County Grand Prize for Two including:
A one-night stay for two, at Belmond El Encanto, chef-accompanied bike excursion to the Santa Barbara Farmer’s Market, custom-menu personalized dinner experience for two on The Terrace at Belmond El Encanto, one-night stay for two at The Ritz-Carlton, Bacara Santa Barbara, private tour for two at Rancho la Patera & Stow House, tequila tasting and three course dinner for two at Los Arroyos Mexican Restaurant and Take Out, one-night stay for two at The Historic Santa Maria Inn, VIP tasting experience and cave tour for two at Cottonwood Canyon Vineyard & Winery, dinner for two at Far Western Tavern, one-night stay for two at Pea Soup Andersen’s Inn, dinner for two at First & Oak and Segway Tours of Solvang for two.
To enter, all you need to do is:
To enter, simply follow Visit Santa Barbara on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, post a photo or video of your experience at CHROMA and tag #ChromaSB on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. Entrants must visit CHROMA: A Santa Barbara County Pop-Up Shop November 2-4, 2018 at Americana At Brand (889 Americana Way, Glendale, CA 91210) at Store #710. CHROMA will be open Friday, November 2, 2018, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m; Saturday, November 3, 2018, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m; Sunday, November 4, 2018, 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
We’ll contact the winner by Instagram Direct Message, Twitter Message or Facebook Messenger within 5 business days from the date of the close of the contest. If you’re chosen as a potential winner, make sure to respond within 48 hours.
Read on for the nitty gritty:
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, PLAY OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES. MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER.
- SPONSOR: Visit Santa Barbara (“Sponsor”) is the sponsor of the #ChromaSB contest (the “Sweepstakes”). Sponsor’s physical mailing address is 500 E. Montecito Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93013 (santabarbaraca.com). This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- DESCRIPTION OF SWEEPSTAKES: Via online participation only, entrants will have the opportunity to win a grand prize vacation for 2 in Santa Barbara by posting a photo or video on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter of their CHROMA experience, and using #ChromaSB within the caption.
- Each Sweepstakes entrant (“Entrant”) must visit CHROMA: A Santa Barbara County Pop-Up Shop to share their experience by following @VisitSantaBarbara on Instagram, @VisitSantaBarbara on Facebook, or @SantaBarbara on Twitter, and post a photo or video of their CHROMA experience by using #Chroma on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Entrants can share different entries daily for additional entries. Entrants Instagram, Facebook or Twitter profile must be set to public for Visit Santa Barbara to view entry.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States, who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry Employees of Sponsor, and Sponsor’s partner companies, affiliates, members, promotion vendors and other vendor agencies directly or indirectly involved in this Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such person, are not eligible. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Sponsor retains the sole discretion to determine in good faith all questions regarding Entrant eligibility.
- SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins at 10 a.m. (Pacific Time) on October 24, 2018 to 8 p.m. November 4, 2018. (the “Promotional Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: Eligible persons can enter the Sweepstakes by visiting CHROMA: A Santa Barbara County Pop-up Shop.
Prospective participants can enter the Sweepstakes by following @VisitSantaBarbara on Instagram, @VisitSantaBarbara on Facebook or @SantaBarbara on Twitter, and then must post a photo or video of their CHROMA experience and use #ChromaSB in the caption on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
Each post captioned with #ChromaSB counts as one entry. Participants can enter multiple times – each additional post counts as an additional entry. Users may not share the same post to gain more entries. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site or email address, including, but not limited to, commercial Sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. The use of automated entry devices is prohibited; all such entries are void. Sponsor Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for: late, incomplete, incorrect, delayed, garbled, undelivered, or misdirected entries.
- GRANT OF LICENSE TO SPONSOR: All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrant warrants and represents that he or she has the legal right and authority to submit all descriptions/stories (as to each, a “Submission”) submitted by him or her and to grant the license described herein; that by participating in the Sweepstakes, he or she grants to Sponsor a perpetual, royalty-free license to use and publish his, her or its name, likeness, voice, portrait, picture, image, and city and state of residence, the description/story, Photo and/or Submission in connection with the Sweepstakes, in any media now existing or hereafter created, including, but not limited to print advertising, internet, and any and all other media without any notification, opportunity to review, right of approval or additional consideration whatsoever provided to it, him or her; that the Photo, description/story and Submission are the original work or works of authorship of Entrant and that Entrant is the copyright-holder of them.
Sponsor will not assist any Entrant with the development or production of a Submission. By entering a Submission, each Entrant represents and warrants that the Submission does not infringe any other person’s or entity’s rights. Submissions must not contain any unauthorized third-party owned material such as, but not limited to, trademarks, logos, depictions of actors and the like. Additionally, Entrant represents and warrants that he or she will not have and will not acquire any trademark rights, copyrights, or any other rights in or to Sponsor’s trademarks, trade names, logos or other intellectual property. Sponsor specifically reserves all its rights to protect its intellectual property against any infringement or other illegal or improper use.
- GRAND PRIZE WINNERS PRIZE SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Sponsor will select one grand prize winner at random from all of the Submissions for consideration by the Judging Committee (as hereinafter defined). A committee comprised of representatives of Visit Santa Barbara and Sparkloft Media (“Judging Committee”) will select one winner at random. Decisions of the Contest Administrator and the Judging Committee are final and binding in all respects and cannot be challenged or appealed. The potential prize winner must meet all eligibility requirements set forth in these rules to qualify for prize. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received and the subjective determinations of the Judging Committee.
Notification to the winner will be completed within 5 business days after the contest closes. The winner will be notified by an Instagram Direct Message, Facebook Messenger or Twitter Message. The winner will be asked to respond via e-mail to Sponsor. If any winner notification remains unanswered for (48) hours, the prize may be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected. The Grand Prize is not transferable and no prize substitutions or cash alternatives will be offered or allowed except as may be determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
- PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE:
PRIZE DETAILS /APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV):
There will be (1) first place prize winner, consisting of one (1) #ChromaSB Grand Prize giveaway. #ChromaSB giveaway consists of the following:
- One-Night Stay for two (2), Chef-accompanied bike excursion to the Santa Barbara Farmer’s Market, and custom-menu personalized dinner experience for two on The Terrace at Belmond El Encanto (ARV $1,395)
- One-Night Stay for two (2) at The Ritz-Carlton, Bacara Santa Barbara (ARV $650)
- Private Tour for two (2) at Rancho la Patera & Stow House (ARV $30)
- Tequila tasting paired with 3-course meal for (2) at Los Arroyos Mexican Restaurant & Take Out (ARV $75)
- One-Night Stay for two (2) at The Historic Santa Maria Inn (ARV $200)
- VIP Tasting Experience and Cave Tour for two (2) at Cottonwood Canyon Vineyard & Winery (ARV $100)
- Dinner for two (2) at Far Western Tavern (ARV $100)
- One-Night Stay for two (2) at Pea Soup Andersen’s Inn (ARV $129++)
- Dinner for two (2) at First & Oak (ARV $130)
- Segway Tours of Solvang for two (2) (ARV $150)
The total ARV of #ChromaSB Grand Prize giveaway elements are $2,760* USD.
PRIZE CONDITIONS: All travel-related expenses included but not limited to ground and/or air transportation to and from home, taxes, gratuities, incidentals, upgrades, insurance, service charges, airport surcharges, departure taxes, hotel, resort or property fees, food & beverage and personal expenses such as telephone/Internet charges, and gift shop purchases are the sole responsibility of prize winner and guest. Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary. Winner and guest must have valid photo ID prior to departure.
Below are the individual prize items terms and conditions:
- The Historic Santa Maria Inn– Redeemable November 14, 2018 – January 31, 2019. May include blackout dates for holidays. To redeem, winner will need to reach out directly to: Jennifer Harrison, Director, Visitors Bureau at the Santa Maria Valley Chamber of Commerce: (805) 925-2403 ext. 851 or [email protected]
- Cottonwood Canyon- Cottonwood Canyon will be closed Christmas Day, New Year’s Day and Thanksgiving and will likely have fluctuating business hours around these holidays. To redeem, winner will need to reach out directly to: Jennifer Harrison, Director, Visitors Bureau at the Santa Maria Valley Chamber of Commerce: (805) 925-2403 ext. 851 or [email protected]
- Far West Tavern – Far Western Tavern will be closed Christmas Day, New Year’s Day and Thanksgiving and will likely have fluctuating business hours around these holidays. To redeem, winner will need to reach out directly to: Jennifer Harrison, Director, Visitors Bureau at the Santa Maria Valley Chamber of Commerce: (805) 925-2403 ext. 851 or [email protected]
- First & Oak– Any costs over $130 will be the responsibility of the winner. Gratuity not included, holiday blackout, and reservations required.
- Pea Soup Andersen’s Inn – Fully furnished King Suite with King sleeping area/queen fold out couch/fully equipped kitchen and casual dining area/easy access to pool and spa area/Complimentary Danish, muffin, juice and coffee breakfast. Valid Sunday thru Thursday, reservation subject to availability. Call to book and present gift certificate at time of check in.
- The Ritz Carlton, Bacara Santa Barbara – A complimentary one night stay in delux accommodations (inclusive of tax, resort fee and parking). To inquire about availability and securing your reservarion, kindly contact Executive offices at 805-571-3124 or email [email protected] with your certificate number. Advance reservations are required and you must present certificate at the time of check-in at Front Desk. Valid through December 30, 2019. Blackout dates may apply.
- Rancho La Patera & Stow House
- Los Arroyos Mexican Restaurant & Take Out – Must be over 21 to redeem. No cash value. Not valid on holidays or weekends. No cash back. Valid only at the Goleta location. Not valid with other offers or promotions. Gratuity not included. Must call corporate office for reservation 48 hours in advance. Expires 11/1/2019
Belmond El Encanto– This stay certificate is non-transferrable, and does not have a cash value. Redemption is subject to availability, available Sunday-Thursday only, and blackout dates will apply. Value excludes gratuities. Please contact the Belmond El Encanto reservations department at 805-845-5800 to place your reservations, and reference stay certificate #1088. This certificate is valid until January 31, 2019.
All hotel reservations are subject to availability and all holidays are excluded. Accommodations are subject to availability at time of reservation. Blackout dates, advance booking requirements and travel restrictions may apply. Availability is subject to factors such as weather, seasonality and space availability. Reservations are subject to availability. If weather affects the ability for winner and his/her guest to redeem any portion of prize during the scheduled date and time, then the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the winner and/or guest other than to supply the remaining elements of the prize package minus the unused portion of prize. If for any reason whatsoever, winner and/or guest are unable to travel after all travel arrangements have been made and paid, the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the winner. If Grand Prize is forfeited prior to Sponsor finalizing and paying for travel, and there is sufficient time to notify an alternate winner, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a separate random drawing from among all non-winning eligible entries. Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining the proper travel documentation (e.g., valid photo ID) prior to travel if necessary. Winner’s guest must be legal U.S. resident, 21 years or older and must complete and return a Liability/Publicity/Travel Release prior to travel as noted above.
If a prize notification or prize is returned as undelivered, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these rules that winner will be disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner in a separate random drawing.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes are non-assignable or transferable. No substitution is permitted except if prize is unavailable, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Grand Prize package awarded as a whole only and all prize elements must be used during a single trip, taken by winner and guest simultaneously. Any prize element not so used shall be forfeited. No cash in lieu of prizes and no replacement, exchange or substitution of prizes, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any other incidental expenses on prize not specified herein are the winner’s sole responsibility.
Except where prohibited by law, entry and acceptance of prize constitute permission to use winner’s name, prize won, hometown, likeness, video tape, photographs, and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
- Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. The prize is non-refundable and non-transferable, cannot be combined with any other special offer or promotion and must be accepted as awarded. All federal, state, and local taxes and fees are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor will comply with all income tax reporting obligations.
- PARTICIPANT’S AGREEMENT TO HOLD SPONSOR HARMLESS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: For purposes of paragraphs 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18, the term “Sponsor” includes Sponsor and Sponsor’s officers, directors, employees, agents and members. By entering the sweepstakes, participants release and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, its vendors and its vendors’ agents and employees (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won, including any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/Sponsor’s use or uses of the story, Photo and/or Submission . Sponsor Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing or publication of this offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the selection or announcement of the Grand Prize. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government act, law, order or regulation, order of any court, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Sweepstakes without further obligation and, if the Sweepstakes is so abbreviated, modified, suspended, cancelled, or terminated, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award the Grand Prize from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event. All entries are the property of Sponsor and are not returnable. The laws of the State of California (USA), without regard to its conflict of law rules, will govern these Terms. Any action relating to this Sweepstakes shall be initiated only in the state and federal courts located in or having jurisdiction over Santa Barbara, California (USA).
- ONLINE REGISTRATION: This Sweepstakes is intended for viewing and participation in the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to U.S. law. Do not enter this Sweepstakes if you are not located in the United States and/or are not a legal U.S. resident. Submission of repetitive and/or automated entries is specifically prohibited, and any such entries will be disqualified. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account-holder of the e-mail address or Instagram account (as the case may be) that submitted the Submission (as of the time of the Submission’s entry). In the event of any dispute, the potential winner may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account-holder of the identified e-mail or Instagram account, and Sponsor’s decision will be final. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, including any error that may result in an erroneous appearance of qualification for a prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any computer equipment or software that results in loss of entry. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY COMPUTERIZED SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. NO ENTRANT THAT SPONSOR DETERMINES IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO HAVE ATTEMPTED TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL QUALIFY TO WIN AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO RESCIND ANY AWARD GIVEN TO ANY ENTRANT DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO HAVE ATTEMPTED TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES.
- By participating, each Entrant agrees to comply with these official rules. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of, the Sponsor site or any technical failure or malfunction, or any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or property.
- IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ANY SPONSOR ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF SPONSOR’S USE, OR PUBLICATION OF THE SUBMISSION, ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT’S USE OR ENJOYMENT OF ANY PRIZES WON, ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO OR USE OF SPONSOR’S WEB SITES OR THE FACEBOOK, TWITTER OR INSTAGRAM WEBSITES, OR THE ACCESSING, DOWNLOADING AND/OR PRINTING OF ANY MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON SAID SITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON SPONSOR’S WEB SITES, FACEBOOK PAGES AND OTHER THIRD-PARTY APPLICATIONS SUCH AS TWITTER, INSTAGRAM AND PINTEREST, INCLUDING ALL LINKS THEREIN, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY.
- BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE in this Sweepstakes, each winner grants to Sponsor, where permitted by law, the right to use and publish (worldwide, via the Internet in print, and otherwise in any media now existing or hereafter created) the description/story, Photo and/or Submission and Entrant’s name, city and state of residence, portrait, image, picture, voice, likeness and comments for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without any notification, opportunity to review, right of approval or additional consideration whatsoever provided to it, him or her. To receive a prize, each winner may be required to provide Entrant’s full name, email address, birth date, zip code. The winner may also be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, prepared at Sponsor’s cost and at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. A winner’s prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner (selected by random drawing in accordance with Section 6) upon the occurrence of any of the following: (i) the failure of winner to confirm acceptance of the prize and return any required documents/information within two (2) days of prize notification by Sponsor; (ii) the return of a prize or prize notification to Sponsor as non-deliverable; (iii) the determination by Sponsor that winner is ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these official rules; or the winner’s inability or refusal to provide such affidavits or releases as Sponsor may request in its sole and absolute discretion.
- BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES TO DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY SPONSOR AND ALL SPONSOR ENTITIES, AND HOLD SPONSOR AND ALL SPONSOR ENTITIES HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, AND LOSSES TO TANGIBLE AND INTANGIBLE PROPERTY, ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY.
- SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR any changes or unavailability of any third-party service (including, but not limited to, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google and/or Google+) that may interfere with the Sweepstakes (including any limitations, restrictions or conditions on Sponsor’s ability to use such services for the Sweepstakes) or the ability or inability of any entrant to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Sponsor. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned because of circumstances including, but not limited to, website outages or interruptions on Sponsor’s or any third-party service provider’s website, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, which, in Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and determination of fairness, to cancel the Sweepstakes,
- BY REGISTERING TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES, each Entrant acknowledges he or she has read, understands and will abide by these official rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and/or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without regard to the conflict of laws principles.
- WINNER LIST: The name of the Grand Prize winner may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by November 1, 2019 to: Visit Santa Barbara, 500 East Montecito Street, Santa Barbara, California, 93103. Sponsored and administered 2018 by Visit Santa Barbara.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. You are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.