From the mountains to the sea – and along the city streets in between – you’ll find a brilliant array of settings where you can shine while doing what you love.
Wind through the Wine Trails
Even the shortest visit will quickly reveal that Santa Barbara does things a little differently. A little better. A little easier and a lot more laid-back. Wine lovers recognize this humble approach in the first sip of any Santa Barbara County wine.
Try a glass of world-class pinot noir in the Santa Rita Hills. Follow Miles and Jack’s merry adventures in Sideways, the 2004 Oscar®-winning film shot in Santa Barbara wine country. Or head to downtown Santa Barbara and trek along the Urban Wine Trail – a collection of tasting rooms featuring the best of Santa Barbara and the Santa Ynez Valley. All within blocks of each other. So you can enjoy carefree, car-free wine tastings.
For all Wine Itineraries, click here.
The Foodie’s Perfect Day
From sunrise to sunset, sample some of the finest in Santa Barbara’s culinary scene.
- Start your day with a veggie omelet or an order of French toast at Renaud’s Patisserie & Bistro. And definitely consider getting an almond croissant to go.
- Stroll through one of seven farmers markets in the area – with Saturday’s downtown location as the mother of them all. You’ll find organic produce galore, plus cheese, meat, baked goods and lavender products. Just to name a few.
- Hone your skills and your palate with a weekly class from a culinary connoisseur or mixologist. Many classes start at the farmers market, where you source the freshest ingredients before crafting a meal or drink of the freshest flavors.
- Grab a pint of Figueroa Mountain Brewing Company’s handcrafted beer, located in the heart of Santa Barbara’s Funk Zone. Surrounded by artisan shops and wine tasting rooms, Figueroa Mountain’s Santa Barbara tasting room is a great escape for those looking to enjoy a nice cold beer, live music, and a quintessential Santa Barbara afternoon.
- In the evening, wind down in style at bouchon – a restaurant known for Californian French cuisine and an elegant yet unstuffy atmosphere. It’s a fabulous cap-off to a foodie’s perfect day.
For all Food & Drink Itineraries, click here.
Calling all cultural buffs
If you’re into the arts, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the number of museums, festivals and galleries in Santa Barbara. And, aside from annual arts events and festivals, Santa Barbara offers time-tested favorites: monthly 1st Thursday, when galleries extend their hours and downtown streets become outdoor stages. Every Sunday, year round, Santa Barbara’s Cabrillo Boulevard transforms into a stretching seaside celebration of local arts and crafts.
For all Arts & Culture Itineraries, click here.
Nature lovers and adventure seekers will want to leave a lot of free time in their schedules. Because our clear skies, sunshine and mild weather year-round are undoubtedly ideal conditions for exploring.
And if you think we’re all about the beach – think again. Because Santa Barbara is an equal-opportunity water and land destination. Surfers and boogie boarders can ride the waves. Kayakers can embark on guided tours. Hikers can explore the hot springs of Gaviota Peak. Horseback riders can venture through the Santa Barbara hills. Rock climbers can reach “The Y” at San Ysidro Canyon. And golfers can have their pick of world-class courses.
Plus, across the Santa Barbara Channel, you’ll findChannel Islands National Park – a string of five islands uninhabited by people, but home to a variety of unique animals and plants found nowhere else on Earth. Or, from Santa Barbara Harbor, you can set sail to find dolphins, whales and seals.
For all Outdoor and Active Itinereries, click here.