The Santa Barbara Zoo transforms for three nights of safe, traffic-free trick-or-treating and monster-ous thrills and chills! It’s the most popular family Halloween festival in the tri-counties area!
Boo at the Zoo’s Festive Fun Includes:
- Hay Bale Maze: Little ones have fun making their way through the maze.
- Ghoulish Games: Pin the scales on a dinosaur or guess what’s in the mystery box.
- Conservation-themed Activities: Join us for mad science experiments explore the world’s oceans from afar.
- Costumed Characters: More than 75 characters roam the Zoo, creating a scary number of memorable photo opportunities.
- Animal Encounters: Millipedes, super worms, and other creatures of the night would just love to meet you.
- Dance Party: Monsters and princesses mix it up side by side on the dance floor.
- Boo Choo Choo train ride: Make tracks for the Halloween-themed train ride on the Zoo’s C.P. Huntington miniature train.
- Scare Zone: For those who like a little more “howl” in Halloween. Recommended for ages 10+.
- Zookeeper Talks: Learn more about the Zoo’s animals from those who know them best.
- Costume Parade: Join in and show off your costume as the Boo Crew parades through the Zoo at the end of the evening.
- Trick-or-Treat Trail: Local businesses sponsor tables with treats…be sure to bring a bag to carry your loot!
October 18, 5:30–8:30 PM
October 19, 4:30–8:30 PM
October 20, 4:30–7:30 PM
Adults $20/$18 (SB Zoo Members)
Children (2-12) $14/$12 (SB Zoo Members)
Ticket includes event entry, trick-or-treating, Zoo Train ride, carnival games, scare zone, animal scooter ride, dance party, animal encounters, performances, bounce houses, and rock wall climbing.
Parking is $11/vehicle, free for SB Zoo Members.
Tickets will also be available at the door. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Adults may not wear full face masks or have full face painted. Realistic weapons will not be allowed.
Areas of the Zoo will be closed during this event.