Brush up on your SB expertise with these quick Santa Barbara travel tips — all of which will help you make the most of your time here.
December 13, 2017
For those who are in, or looking to travel to Santa Barbara, the Thomas Fire is currently taking place in the mountains and foothills of Santa Barbara County, north of Montecito and Carpinteria, southeast of the city of Santa Barbara, as well as in Ventura County, southeast of Santa Barbara.
For more information, please click here
1. Santa Barbara is easy to get to. Distances to SB from other California destinations include:
Hollywood: 89 mi./142 km
LAX: 92 mi./148 km
San Diego: 228 mi./367 km
San Francisco: 332 mi./534 km
2. The weather is second to none. The weather in Santa Barbara is amazing. All. Year. Long. But, don’t forget the sunscreen—Santa Barbara sees an average of 300+ days of sunshine every year.
3. It’s easy to get around. Leave the car at home and opt for a nearby trolley, water taxi, public bus, pedicab, bike path, or airport shuttle.
4. Travel resources abound. If you need help deciding where to start, pick up a FREE Santa Barbara Visitors Magazine at the Santa Barbara Visitors Center. Or sign up for our free enewsletters or follow us on social media for up-to-date info and inspiration.
5. Santa Barbara’s scenery and location are sensational. The city is perfectly situated at the base of the Santa Ynez Mountains, which uniquely run east-to-west before cascading into the Pacific, hence Santa Barbara’s other name, The American Riviera®.