March 16, 2020
For more information on current travel conditions, please click here.
Brush up on your SB expertise with these quick Santa Barbara travel tips — all of which will help you make the most of your time here.
1. Santa Barbara is easy to get to. Distances to SB from other California destinations include:
Hollywood: 89 mi./142 km
LAX: 92 mi./148 km
San Diego: 228 mi./367 km
San Francisco: 332 mi./534 km
2. The weather is second to none. The weather in Santa Barbara is amazing. All. Year. Long. But, don’t forget the sunscreen—Santa Barbara sees an average of 300+ days of sunshine every year.
3. It’s easy to get around. Leave the car at home and opt for a nearby trolley, water taxi, public bus, pedicab, bike path, or airport shuttle.
4. Travel resources abound. If you need help deciding where to start, pick up a FREE Santa Barbara Visitors Magazine at the Santa Barbara Visitors Center. Or sign up for our free enewsletters or follow us on social media for up-to-date info and inspiration.
5. Santa Barbara’s scenery and location are sensational. The city is perfectly situated at the base of the Santa Ynez Mountains, which uniquely run east-to-west before cascading into the Pacific, hence Santa Barbara’s other name, The American Riviera®.