Enter to win the Ultimate Instagrammable Getaway to Santa Barbara Grand Prize for Two including:
A two-night stay for two at Hotel Californian, a 90-minute horseback riding excursion with Los Padres Outfitters, admission for two to Lotusland, a picnic experience from Santa Barbara Picnic Co. and Goodland Graze, $150 dining credit to The Lark, $100 shopping credit for Riviera Towel Company, and a visit for two to J. Wilks Tasting Room.
There are two ways to enter:
Entry Method #1
To enter, follow @visitsantabarbara on Instagram, like the official sweepstakes post, and make a comment about a favorite memory or experience in the Santa Barbara South Coast on the official contest giveaway Instagram post.
Entry Method #2
To enter, follow @visitsantabarbara on Instagram, like the official sweepstakes, and share an Instagram story, tagging @visitsantabarbara and sharing a favorite memory or experience in the Santa Barbara South Coast.
We’ll contact the winner by Instagram Direct Message within 3 business days from the date of the close of the contest. If you’re chosen as a potential winner, you must respond within 48 hours to redeem.
Read on for the nitty-gritty:
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, PLAY OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES. MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER.
- SPONSOR: Visit Santa Barbara (“Sponsor”) is the sponsor of the “Fan Favorites” contest (the “Sweepstakes”). Sponsor’s physical mailing address is 500 E. Montecito Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93013 (santabarbaraca.com). This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
- DESCRIPTION OF SWEEPSTAKES: Via online participation only, entrants will have the opportunity to win a grand prize vacation for 2 in Santa Barbara by sharing a favorite memory or Santa Barbara experience.
- Each Sweepstakes entrant (“Entrant”) must be following @VisitSantaBarbara on Instagram, like the official sweepstakes post, and post a comment on the official contest Instagram post by sharing a favorite memory or Santa Barbara experience. Entrants can also enter by sharing an Instagram story, tagging @visitsantabarbara on Instagram and sharing a favorite memory or Santa Barbara experience.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States, who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, and Sponsor’s partner companies, affiliates, members, promotion vendors and other vendor agencies directly or indirectly involved in this Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such person, are not eligible. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Sponsor retains the sole discretion to determine in good faith all questions regarding Entrant eligibility.
- SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins at 10 a.m. (Pacific Time) on September 1, 2020, to 5 p.m. September 3, 2020. (the “Promotional Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: Eligible persons can enter the Sweepstakes by visiting @VisitSantaBarbara on Instagram.
Prospective participants can enter the Sweepstakes by following @VisitSantaBarbara on Instagram, liking the official sweepstakes post, and by posting a comment or sharing a photo or video of their favorite Santa Barbara memory and tagging @visitsantabarbara.
Each Instagram story tagging @visitsantabarbara or comment on the official sweepstakes counts as one entry. Participants can enter multiple times – each additional story or comment counts as an additional entry. Users may not share the same comment or story to gain more entries. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site or email address, including, but not limited to, commercial Sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. The use of automated entry devices is prohibited; all such entries are void. Sponsor Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for: late, incomplete, incorrect, delayed, garbled, undelivered, or misdirected entries.
- GRANT OF LICENSE TO SPONSOR: All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrant warrants and represents that he or she has the legal right and authority to submit all descriptions/stories (as to each, a “Submission”) submitted by him or her and to grant the license described herein; that by participating in the Sweepstakes, he or she grants to Sponsor a perpetual, royalty-free license to use and publish his, her or its name, likeness, voice, portrait, picture, image, and city and state of residence, the description/story, Photo and/or Submission in connection with the Sweepstakes, in any media now existing or hereafter created, including, but not limited to print advertising, internet, and any and all other media without any notification, opportunity to review, right of approval or additional consideration whatsoever provided to it, him or her; that the Photo, description/story and Submission are the original work or works of authorship of Entrant and that Entrant is the copyright-holder of them.
Sponsor will not assist any Entrant with the development or production of a Submission. By entering a Submission, each Entrant represents and warrants that the Submission does not infringe any other person’s or entity’s rights. Submissions must not contain any unauthorized third-party owned material such as, but not limited to, trademarks, logos, depictions of actors and the like. Additionally, Entrant represents and warrants that he or she will not have and will not acquire any trademark rights, copyrights, or any other rights in or to Sponsor’s trademarks, trade names, logos or other intellectual property. Sponsor specifically reserves all its rights to protect its intellectual property against any infringement or other illegal or improper use.
- GRAND PRIZE WINNERS PRIZE SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Sponsor will select one grand prize winner from all of the Submissions for consideration by the Judging Committee (as hereinafter defined). A committee comprised of representatives of Visit Santa Barbara and Sparkloft Media (“Judging Committee”) will select one winner. Decisions of the Contest Administrator and the Judging Committee are final and binding in all respects and cannot be challenged or appealed. The potential prize winner must meet all eligibility requirements set forth in these rules to qualify for prize. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received and the subjective determinations of the Judging Committee.
Notification to the winner will be completed within 3 business days after the contest closes. The winner will be notified by an Instagram Direct Message. The winner will be asked to respond via e-mail to Sponsor. If any winner notification remains unanswered for six (48) hours, the prize may be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected. The Grand Prize is not transferrable and no prize substitutions or cash alternatives will be offered or allowed except as may be determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
- PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV):
There will be (1) first place prize winner, consisting of one (1) Fan Favorite Santa Barbara Giveaway. Fan Favorite giveaway consists of the following:
- Two-Night Stay for two (2) at Hotel Caifornian (ARV $1,500)
- Horseback Trail or Beach Ride for two (2) with Los Padres Outfitters (ARV $375)
- Admission for two (2) to Lotusland (ARV $100)
- Private Couple’s Picnic Package for two (2) with Santa Barbara Picnic Company and Goodland Graze(ARV $375)
- Dinner for two (2) to The Lark (ARV $150)
- A visit to J. Wilkes Wines Tasting Room for a Chocolate and Wine pairing for two (ARV $60)
- Gift card to Riviera Towel Company (ARV $100)
The total ARV of Fan Favorite Grand Prize giveaway elements is $2,660* USD.
PRIZE CONDITIONS: All travel-related expenses included but not limited to ground and/or air transportation to and from home, taxes, gratuities, incidentals, upgrades, insurance, service charges, airport surcharges, departure taxes, hotel, resort or property fees, food & beverage and personal expenses such as telephone/Internet charges, and gift shop purchases are the sole responsibility of prize winner and guest. Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary. Winner and guest must have valid photo ID prior to departure.
Below are the individual prize items terms and conditions:
- Hotel Californian – Subject to availability, blackout dates may apply. This certificate cannot be combined with any promotional packages. Will not be replaced if lost or exceeds expiration dates. Will not be redeemable for cash value. Not transferable. Expires September 1, 2021.
- Los Padres Outfitters – Expres December 31, 2021. Not redeemable for cash. Please call 805-755-8687 to reserve your ride.
- Lotusland – Expires September 1, 2021. Not redeemable for cash. Lotusland is open Mid-February through Mid-November. Reservations can be made Wednesday through Saturday for self-guided tours 9:15, 9:30, and 9:45 for a.m. visits and 1:15, 1:30, and 1:45 for p.m. visits.
- The Lark- Not redeemable for cash. Gratuity not included. Expenses over the gift amount of $150 must be covered by the winner.
- Riviera Towel Company – Not redeemable for cash.
- J. Wilks Wine – Expires September 1, 2021. Both winner and guest must be 21 and older. This offer may not be exchanged for cash value.
- Santa Barbara Picnic Company – Expires September 1, 2021. Not redeemable on public holidays. Not redeemable for cash. Picnic set-up includes: Styled picnic setting with rugs/blankets, candles, assortment of throw pillows and cushions, low white-washed table with table runner, dinner plates, linen napkins, flatware, glassware, fringe umbrella, and use of everything for up to 2 hours. Delivery, set up, pack up, and clean up included. Book through Santa Barbara Picnic Co’s Contact Form: https://santabarbarapicnicco.com/picnic-contact-form-2/.
- Goodland Graze – Not redeemable on major holidays. Subject to availability. Must be redeemed along with Santa Barbara Picnic Company booking. Expires September 1, 2021.
All hotel reservations are subject to availability and all holidays are excluded. Accommodations are subject to availability at time of reservation. Blackout dates, advance booking requirements and travel restrictions may apply. Availability is subject to factors such as weather, seasonality and space availability. Reservations are subject to availability. If weather affects the ability for winner and his/her guest to redeem any portion of prize during the scheduled date and time, then the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the winner and/or guest other than to supply the remaining elements of the prize package minus the unused portion of prize. If for any reason whatsoever, winner and/or guest are unable to travel after all travel arrangements have been made and paid, the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the winner. If Grand Prize is forfeited prior to Sponsor finalizing and paying for travel, and there is sufficient time to notify an alternate winner, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a separate random drawing from among all non-winning eligible entries. Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining the proper travel documentation (e.g., valid photo ID) prior to travel if necessary. Winner’s guest must be legal U.S. resident, 21 years or older and must complete and return a Liability/Publicity/Travel Release prior to travel as noted above.
If a prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these rules that winner will be disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner in a separate random drawing.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes are non-assignable or transferable. No substitution is permitted except if prize is unavailable, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Grand Prize package awarded as a whole only and all prize elements must be used during a single trip, taken by winner and guest simultaneously. Any prize element not so used shall be forfeited. No cash in lieu of prizes and no replacement, exchange or substitution of prizes, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any other incidental expenses on prize not specified herein are the winner’s sole responsibility.
Except where prohibited by law, entry and acceptance of prize constitute permission to use winner’s name, prize won, hometown, likeness, video tape, photographs, and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
- Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. The prize is non-refundable and non-transferable, cannot be combined with any other special offer or promotion and must be accepted as awarded. All federal, state, and local taxes and fees are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor will comply with all income tax reporting obligations.
- PARTICIPANT’S AGREEMENT TO HOLD SPONSOR HARMLESS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: For purposes of paragraphs 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18, the term “Sponsor” includes Sponsor and Sponsor’s officers, directors, employees, agents and members. By entering the sweepstakes, participants release and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, its vendors and its vendors’ agents and employees (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won, including any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/Sponsor’s use or uses of the story, Photo and/or Submission . Sponsor Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing or publication of this offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the selection or announcement of the Grand Prize. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government act, law, order or regulation, order of any court, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Sweepstakes without further obligation and, if the Sweepstakes is so abbreviated, modified, suspended, cancelled, or terminated, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award the Grand Prize from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event. All entries are the property of Sponsor and are not returnable. The laws of the State of California (USA), without regard to its conflict of law rules, will govern these Terms. Any action relating to this Sweepstakes shall be initiated only in the state and federal courts located in or having jurisdiction over Santa Barbara, California (USA).
- ONLINE REGISTRATION: This Sweepstakes is intended for viewing and participation in the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to U.S. law. Do not enter this Sweepstakes if you are not located in the United States and/or are not a legal U.S. resident. Submission of repetitive and/or automated entries is specifically prohibited, and any such entries will be disqualified. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account-holder of the e-mail address or Instagram account (as the case may be) that submitted the Submission (as of the time of the Submission’s entry). In the event of any dispute, the potential winner may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account-holder of the identified e-mail or Instagram account, and Sponsor’s decision will be final. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, including any error that may result in an erroneous appearance of qualification for a prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any computer equipment or software that results in loss of entry. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY COMPUTERIZED SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. NO ENTRANT THAT SPONSOR DETERMINES IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO HAVE ATTEMPTED TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL QUALIFY TO WIN AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO RESCIND ANY AWARD GIVEN TO ANY ENTRANT DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO HAVE ATTEMPTED TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES.
- By participating, each Entrant agrees to comply with these official rules. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of, the Sponsor site or any technical failure or malfunction, or any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or property.
- IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ANY SPONSOR ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF SPONSOR’S USE, OR PUBLICATION OF THE SUBMISSION, ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT’S USE OR ENJOYMENT OF ANY PRIZES WON, ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO OR USE OF SPONSOR’S WEB SITES OR THE FACEBOOK, TWITTER OR INSTAGRAM WEBSITES, OR THE ACCESSING, DOWNLOADING AND/OR PRINTING OF ANY MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON SAID SITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON SPONSOR’S WEB SITES, FACEBOOK PAGES AND OTHER THIRD-PARTY APPLICATIONS SUCH AS TWITTER, INSTAGRAM AND PINTEREST, INCLUDING ALL LINKS THEREIN, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY.
- BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE in this Sweepstakes, each winner grants to Sponsor, where permitted by law, the right to use and publish (worldwide, via the Internet in print, and otherwise in any media now existing or hereafter created) the description/story, Photo and/or Submission and Entrant’s name, city and state of residence, portrait, image, picture, voice, likeness and comments for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without any notification, opportunity to review, right of approval or additional consideration whatsoever provided to it, him or her. To receive a prize, each winner may be required to provide the Entrant’s full name, email address, birth date, zip code. The winner may also be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, prepared at Sponsor’s cost and at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. A winner’s prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner (selected by random drawing in accordance with Section 6) upon the occurrence of any of the following: (i) the failure of winner to confirm acceptance of the prize and return any required documents/information within two (2) days of prize notification by Sponsor; (ii) the return of a prize or prize notification to Sponsor as non-deliverable; (iii) the determination by Sponsor that winner is ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these official rules; or the winner’s inability or refusal to provide such affidavits or releases as Sponsor may request in its sole and absolute discretion.
- BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES TO DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY SPONSOR AND ALL SPONSOR ENTITIES, AND HOLD SPONSOR AND ALL SPONSOR ENTITIES HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, AND LOSSES TO TANGIBLE AND INTANGIBLE PROPERTY, ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH
ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY.
- SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR any changes or unavailability of any third-party service (including, but not limited to, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google and/or Google+) that may interfere with the Sweepstakes (including any limitations, restrictions or conditions on Sponsor’s ability to use such services for the Sweepstakes) or the ability or inability of any entrant to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Sponsor. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned because of circumstances including, but not limited to, website outages or interruptions on Sponsor’s or any third-party service provider’s website, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, which, in Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and determination of fairness, to cancel the Sweepstakes,
- BY REGISTERING TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES, each Entrant acknowledges he or she has read, understands and will abide by these official rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and/or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without regard to the conflict of laws principles.
- WINNER LIST: The name of the Grand Prize winner may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by November 1, 2020 to: Visit Santa Barbara, 500 East Montecito Street, Santa Barbara, California, 93103. Sponsored and administered 2020 by Visit Santa Barbara.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Instagram.