CONTACT: Michelle Rodriguez, Director of Communications
Visit Santa Barbara
805.966.9222 x112, [email protected]
Jaime Shaw, Communications Associate
Visit Santa Barbara
805.966.9222 x107, [email protected]
FILM FEAST MAKES ITS 4TH APPEARANCE WITH
MORE OFFERINGS THAN EVER BEFORE
For 11 Days, Feast your way through 28 Restaurants, 16 Hotels and 7 Wine Tasting Rooms
Santa Barbara, CA (January 15, 2014) — Film Feast, a tasty complement to the Santa Barbara International Film Festival (SBIFF) and part of California’s Restaurant Month, will again be luring diners taste buds to one of the 35 restaurants and tasting rooms offering up innovative menus. With so many great options to choose from, festival goers can extend their stay on The American Riviera® by booking one of the 16 Film Feast inspired hotel packages. Along with SBIFF’s movie premieres, celebrity tributes and industry panels, one can sip and savor their way through Santa Barbara’s South Coast for 11 decadent days (January 30th – February 9th).
Food lovers beware, the culinary adventure doesn’t have to end after dinner. For more gastronomic delights, catch a “Screen Cuisine” film at SBIFF. In its third year, this popular series celebrates culinary cinema. Growing since its inception, eight films will be shown including two World Premieres and three U.S. Premieres.
Ranging from the story of a hot dog street vendor trying to make it in Washington D.C with no previous food service experience (Dog Days) to a son reconnecting with his father after 10 years to try and save the family restaurant (Cesar’s Grill) to the small town of Dublin, Texas continuing to produce Dr. Pepper with pure cane sugar even as the soda industry switched to High Fructose Corn Syrup (Bottled Up: The Battle Over Dublin Dr. Pepper). Movie-goers will be treated to more than just films about food, but also about the relationships people make in their daily lives and the consequences of decisions.
Film Feast’s prix fixe menu’s, tasting flights and lodging packages have been developed using the theme “Made in Santa Barbara.” Specials and packages are based on movies filmed in Santa Barbara, celebrities from or living in Santa Barbara and local ingredients. Don’t miss these imaginative stand-outs and for the complete list visit www.SBFilmFeast.com:
- In honor of Oprah Winfrey receiving The Montecito Award, Bistro 1111 is offering The Color Purple menu: buttermilk fried chicken and gravy with collard greens, black eyed peas, and smashed yams.
- Looking for a perfect way to spice up your date night? Try the “William Baldwin Backdraft Film Feast Fire Menu” at Nardonne’s, including a Caprese Salad doused in Red Pepper Infused Olive Oil, a spicy 14” Sicilian Pizza and Dark Chocolate Picante Tiramisu for two.
- Join Irish folk group The Foggy Dew performing at La Arcada Bistro, where they’ll be serving up dishes inspired by actor Jeff Bridges’ Irish rogue of a character, Rooster Cogburn, from the hit film True Grit.
- Enjoy Blush’s The Big Lebowski tribute featuring “Donny’s Heart Attack Sliders”: three fresh Angus Beef sliders, with housemade bacon jam, crispy tabasco onions, cheddar cheese, dijon mustard, and mayo.
- In honor of Sideway’s 10th anniversary, Arlington Tavern is paying homage to the film by creating a three course menu inspired by the film.
- Opal Restaurant & Bar presents a special menu and cocktail selection in tribute to this year’s SBIFF honorees, such as “The Butler’s Braise,” “A Spoon Full of Sugar,” and “Oprah’s Legend.”
- “SOMM II: The Sequel” – It’s your turn to be the sommelier! Join SOMM movie talent Brian McClintic as he and the Les Marchands team guide guests through a blind tasting in accordance with the movie.
- The Santa Barbara Hotel Group’s “Made in Santa Barbara Package” is available at all five properties and includes a Santa Barbara inspired welcome gift bag with locally made or grown products.
- “Tanned to Perfection” at The Eagle Inn includes a complimentary 16 ounce package of whole bean coffee from the Santa Barbara Roasting Company, a perfect pick-me-up for those late-night movies.
- Stay two nights at Hollywood’s favorite hideaway, Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara, and get the third night free. Spend the extra day enjoying SBIFF or relaxing with a complimentary in-room movie and gourmet popcorn.
Santa Barbara’s century-long career as a movie backdrop and getaway for top Hollywood talent started during the silent era — Santa Barbara was California’s original filmmaking hub. Whether scouting sites dating back to Cecil B. DeMille’s The Ten Commandments (1923), sipping pinot noir on the Sideways (2004) wine trail or watching cutting-edge cinema in historic theatres during the Film Festival, visitors will discover that Santa Barbara looks as good in real life as she does on the big screen. Visit Santa Barbara offers a comprehensive film tourism microsite as well as a Sideways movie tour map. Film Feast is presented by Visit Santa Barbara and Santa Barbara Downtown Organization. SBFilmFeast.com
ABOUT SANTA BARBARA
Featured on the cover of Travel + Leisure in May 2013 and voted Best Getaway by L.A. Times Readers’ Choice Awards in 2012, Santa Barbara is located just 92 miles north of Los Angeles and 332 miles south of San Francisco, on the Pacific coastline. Visitors can arrive via scenic Highway 101, train, bus or by flying into Santa Barbara Municipal Airport or Los Angeles International Airport. For travel and accommodation information and to request a free copy of the official Santa Barbara County Visitors Magazine, contact Visit Santa Barbara at 800.676.1266, 805.966.9222, [email protected] or SantaBarbaraCA.com. Visitor information is also available at the Visitor Center, 1 Garden Street (at Cabrillo Boulevard).
Stay informed about Santa Barbara news with our Media Center, press releases and blog, TheSBPost.com. Just getting to know Santa Barbara? The Media Field Guide is a great place to start. Planning a research visit? Use the Press Trip Request form to get the process started. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for daily updates, and visit our Mobile Site for on-the-go information about dining, wine, accommodations, events, attractions and more.