Brush up on your SB expertise with these quick Santa Barbara travel tips — all of which will help you make the most of your time here.
Rey Fire August 22, 2016 The cities of Santa Barbara and Goleta have not been affected by the fire. All area hotels, restaurants and attractions are open for business. For more information on campgrounds and road closures, click here.
The Rey Fire, a wildfire, is taking place in the remote Santa Barbara backcountry about 16 miles north of downtown Santa Barbara.
August 22, 2016
The cities of Santa Barbara and Goleta have not been affected by the fire. All area hotels, restaurants and attractions are open for business.
For more information on campgrounds and road closures, click here.
1. Santa Barbara is easy to get to. Distances to SB from other California destinations include:
Hollywood: 89 mi./142 km
LAX: 92 mi./148 km
San Diego: 228 mi./367 km
San Francisco: 332 mi./534 km
2. The weather is second to none. The weather in Santa Barbara is amazing. All. Year. Long. But, don’t forget the sunscreen—Santa Barbara sees an average of 300+ days of sunshine every year.
3. It’s easy to get around. Leave the car at home and opt for a nearby trolley, water taxi, public bus, pedicab, bike path, or airport shuttle.
4. Travel resources abound. If you need help deciding where to start, pick up a FREE Santa Barbara Visitors Magazine at the Santa Barbara Visitors Center. Or sign up for our free enewsletters or follow us on social media for up-to-date info and inspiration.
5. Santa Barbara’s scenery and location are sensational. The city is perfectly situated at the base of the Santa Ynez Mountains, which uniquely run east-to-west before cascading into the Pacific, hence Santa Barbara’s other name, The American Riviera®.